We are Rehegoo, a music service provider with a difference. Here to break down the barriers that stop businesses and creators from using the fully-licensed music they need to create the perfect mood.
We work with the world’s best new talent, giving them a platform to get their music heard in physical locations and in digital content seen around the world.
Artists we work with have full control of their work while we provide them with the support they need to grow, and the chance to make their creativity pay.
So whether you’re an artist, business, brand or creator, Rehegoo focuses on the thing that matters the most: the music.
The A&R department functions across the areas of talent scouting, artist signing, music review and relationship management. Nurturing and guiding emerging independent artists throughout their journey with us.
This role will lead and develop the A&R team at a truly exciting time for Rehegoo, as we embark on a major rebrand and we revamp our products and offerings.
The focus of your role will include the following:
- Executing the department strategy with a focus on acquiring music from diverse sources.
- Managing a team of 5 offering guidance, support and advice on processes and artist cases.
- Actively scouting for new music from artists, producers and collectives using a range of methods,across a wide variety of genres.
- Collaborate with the wider music department to remain up to date on music needs and content delivery processes.
- Lead the running of our artist development programmes.
- Advocate for the artist internally through effectively communicating our artists’ stories and championing new talent.
- Regularly collaborate with our marketing team on artist-related initiatives.Liaise with our legal team to negotiate and draft contracts.
The skills and experience needed to create your legacy at Rehegoo:
- 5+ years’ previous music industry experience in the field of A&R, music acquisition and/or talent scouting.
- A good ear for music and the ability to evaluate music against the company’s needs.
- Knowledge of contracts, copyright and performing rights organisations.
- A passion for the independent music industry with an understanding of the unique struggles faced by an ‘indie’ artist.
- Able to take sound and well informed departmental decisions, leading on cross department collaborations.
- Competent with data and analytic tools.
- Confident in meetings, communicating and pitching opportunities to potential partners.
- A good initiative-driven pro-active approach.
- A strong sense of team spirit while supporting colleagues and partners.
- BA in Music Business or similar.
- A knowledge of sync & licensing.
- Experience of 3rd party cataloque acquisition.
- Experience working with international artists.
- This role is based in our London office and will report to the Music Director.